L'Italia? Il mio dolce capriccio- by Georgiana Boteanu


GUEST POST #1 BY GEORGIANA BOTEANU [ITALIAN VERSION HERE]

Georgiana is an international businesswoman, writer and blogger, well known for her blog New Age International Woman.


I must admit, I have a special place in my heart for all things Italian and since I’ve started visiting the country my love for it only grew fonder. Today I wouldn’t consider one year without visiting Italy or improving my speaking skills in the beautiful local language.

My First Trip To Italy

My first trip to Italy was a dream-like experience and I really mean that. It was in 2010, for my 21st birthday. My partner prepared for me a romantic surprise, where he convinced me we were going to the South of France, and after boarding the plane partially blind-folded and with loud music in my earphones, I only found out that I was going to Venice when the captain announced we were preparing for landing. You can’t really jump up and down in an airplane so I had to manage my joy, a little bit at least!

I loved everything about Venice. From the moment you have to take a boat from the airport into the city you know you are somewhere special. Everything in the city was beautiful. We actually had accommodation at a lovely hotel in Lidl, a short boat trip away from Venice, and just travelled every day back and forth from the hotel to Venice.

La Bella Venezia: 5 ways to fall in love with the city

If I were to summarize my trip and everything I loved about Venice, although it’s hard to pick, I’ll choose the following

1. The casual trips on the boat 

Living on a floating city was something I’ve never experienced before. Every morning we arrived into Venice, people were waiting for a boat to commute to work. Can you imagine how boring my bus drive to work back at home seemed, when I saw that people in Venice travelled to work in something that looked nothing less fun than that a speed boat?

2. The labyrinth-like streets

It’s almost like a surprise is waiting for you at every corner in Venice. We were just walking around, exploring, and without even realizing we would end up in a shopping square, a restaurant wonderland or by some beautiful canal. 

3. The prices

Do I have to mention that if you’re not rich you can’t shop in Venice? The prices are crazy, but everything there is so unique. I did love the masks they sold on the streets. 

4. The local-feel 

Considering how unique Venice is and how many tourists it attracts, the last thing I would have expected is to find a local feeling to it. But it had, aside from the water canals and the magicals gondolas, Venice still felt local and authentic. I think for me it was the balconies, with flowers and clothes hanged up to dry in the fresh air. I loved it!

5. The gondolas 

Of course, how could I have been in one of those beautiful, smooth-sailing, romantic gondolas and not love it forever? Another question I have, how can those people balance on the gondolas by standing up? I could barely balance sitting down!

Italy is more than just Venice

After my few days in Venice, I fell in love with all things Italian and in my last year of University I even took up the Italian beginner language course, so now I can order a cappuccino and buy a bus ticket in the local language. 

Since then I visited the breathtaking Cinque Terre and La Spezia, Pavia, and I took some day trips to Palermo, Genoa and Civitavecchia. They all have something unique and keep me coming back for more Italian beauty. 

Cosa posso dire? L'Italia è il mio dolce capriccio.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

⇢ SEGUIMI SU FB ⇠

⇢ GUIDE SUL (TRAVEL) BLOGGING ⇠

⇢ ISCRIVITI AI CONSIGLI DI VIAGGIO ⇠

Non perderti neanche un post, iscriviti GRATIS alla newsletter!