New York is my (one & only) Valentine


Happy V-Day to all the single ladies like me! Don't be sad if you see couples all around you and smell love: you don't need a man to be in love. A city is so much better, at least for me: my one & only Valentine is New York, where you can always find a party worth going and eventually find the man of your life. Or at least for your night.

Don't be desperate if you don't have no one who buys you red roses or chocolate, or surprises you with an unexpected homemade, candelit dinner. If you are a real traveler like me, you know that the perfect present to get for Valentine's Day is a plane ticket. You don't need the most romantic bars or the coziest restaurant: go to explore a place you really love and forget about all those cheesy things like kissing and hugging. 

Of course you need to get in this day mood, but hey! Whether you are an happily single or filled with the burning rage of a thousand (fucking) exes, you need to spoil yourself with an anti-Valentine's Day idea. Why not to book a hotel for a wild and crazy weekend with your friends? After doing it, put a big smile on your face, strike a match and snuff off the memory of your ex-flame. It could sound crazy, but I've found out this Anti-Lovers Literary Lites on Etsy for just 6.50$, and since I am a bookaholic, I think it's hilarious!

© Etsy.com

If I could run away now- actually I could, I just wonder why I'm not doing it-, I'd pick the most romantic part of New York, Times Square, where last Tuesday they installed the so-called Heartbeat, a sculpture of a gigantic beating heart. This interactive installation is the winner of the Times Square Valentine Heart Design contest, the annual competition that promotes the Crossroads of the World as a romantic destination. If you are in the city, during the next weeks, don't worry, you'll still have the chance to see it: it will be hosted in Father Duffy Square, between 46th and 47th Sts, for a month, so you have plenty of time to take a selfie in front of it.

© 6sqft.com

There's no better place to say I love you than Times Square. And I did it, of course, but that's another (Valentine) story...

1 commento:

⇢ SEGUIMI SU FB ⇠

⇢ GUIDE SUL (TRAVEL) BLOGGING ⇠

⇢ ISCRIVITI AI CONSIGLI DI VIAGGIO ⇠

Non perderti neanche un post, iscriviti GRATIS alla newsletter!