A soundtrack for my joy of traveling



Everytime I travel I start thinking about the struggles with packing and the frustrations of airports, and my enthusiasm seems to vanish. “Do I really want to leave my comfortable bed to spend hours on a plane, on a train or on a bus?” Maybe I was just too crazy to book that flight and decide to move my lazy ass to get back on the road.

My friends keep saying I should rather stay in one place, find a proper work, and date a guy to have kids with, in order to be happy. They think everytime I travel I simply escape from something or someone: to them, leaving is synonym of weakness. They just can't accept that a I was born a ramblin' (wo)man, and I live for that feeling of freedom that comes with arriving in a destination where no one knows me. I don't have to pretend to be happy, to be strong, to be curious about the event which takes place at the corner, to be excited to meet some stranger at the bar for a drink. How come? Simply because I am truly happy to do all those things where I am in a place I have never been before. Hearing all the stories, finding out about legends, exploring non touristic spots, tasting local food and sipping a drink that tastes different from the one I am used to is part of my joy. Part of my work. Part of my life. Part of me.

I could never live without travels, I'd be bored all the time watching TV series and movies or reading books locked in my room. I don't want to be like that. I want to pursuit my happiness, in order to have a real smile on my face when I wake up in the morning, when I tell people about my adventures, when I go to the pastry shop to by cookies, when I walk in the street and people look at me because I wear too much perfume- Chance, by Chanel is my favorite one, as well as Quizas by Loewe.

I just want to follow my dream, and see where it ends. Staying in one place for too long is not for me, I feel like I can't breath, and I can easily feel the grass growing underfoot. That's when I know that I have to go, since the migrating instinct is awakening in my soul. I can't and I don't want to ignore it, I need a change of scenery, also to be able appreciate the place I come from more.

So, I get up from my bed and I enjoy a hot bath, knowing I will be on a plane on a couple of hours and I need to be relax. And there is only one way I can do it: to click "play" on that music. Color Lapse. A soundtrack my music composer friend gave me. It was one of his experiments and it became the soundtrack for my joy of traveling.

So many memories and thoughts always come to my mind when I listen to it- like I am doing now- and I can recall my teenagerhood, when I had the courage to drop everything to go to the United States. I left everyone behind me- my family, my friends, my boyfriend- and I caught that flight. A flight that changed my life- in better, of course- and offered me the freedom I was desperately looking for.

This track is the small town not in any guidebook, the restaurant without a sign, the unknown roommates I share a room hostel with, the wrong metro stop I got off at. It's the place I find a way to go back to time, to those thing I will never be able to find again, but I will always remember.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

⇢ SEGUIMI SU FB ⇠

⇢ GUIDE SUL (TRAVEL) BLOGGING ⇠

⇢ ISCRIVITI AI CONSIGLI DI VIAGGIO ⇠

Non perderti neanche un post, iscriviti GRATIS alla newsletter!